Saturday 25 April 2020

DAY ZERO


Digital Download "Well Begun is Half Done" Mary Poppins Chalkboard ...I have heard the statement –  ‘Well begun is half done’ many times. But I don’t think it’s always true. Take for example, my previously penned down Plan. I began with so much of good will. I almost promised that I will put my daily life lesson or my experiences and then what happened? It ended just as it started. I don’t know if there is anyone who can relate with the same experiences.

It’s been more than a month since the Lockdown due to Corona virus was announced. I had great plans to learn, grow and cultivate skill with the time I have in mind. I counted my days left for my exam, they were around 100+ days. So I drew a chart, made a timetable for myself and was all pumped up ready for action. But alas! Those plans remained on paper itself. I didn’t breathe life into it. I binge watched some series. Reached almost God level on mobile games. But in regards for my personal growth…….. I didn’t do anything at all. When I looked back later just to take a stock of where I am, I had only 55 days left. Then I drew another chart. Gave it a name PROJECT NEO. Again, the same effect…………. I just felt non-motivated, lazy to take some action.

Day Zero: Build, Craft, Survive on Steam
Now, when I look forward, I have just 30 days left. I have only a month from now. Today, I don’t just plan instead I promise and I COMMIT to grow. This hero had no particular reason to grow. I realised that was my problem. This hero had no enemy or rather this hero was blind to his enemy. The enemy lurked within the hero, stopping him from taking action, blocking him whenever he risked to grow. Imagine, when I wanted to exercise, so many thoughts ran through my head… and in the end, I was just too lazy to get up and do something. I preferred watching a movie or some video on the internet.

I call out my enemy now. I have recognised him. I accept that I have been secretly feeding him and allowing him to grow and thus block my real self – the hero within to shine. If I don’t take action today, I will become a fat person, a
lazy man moreover I won’t have anything to contribute to the society. Therefore I am calling out the enemy. And I COMMIT myself to win over my enemy with sheer hardwork.



Persistence in all fields planned - is my key. That is my watch word.


Today is Day Zero, and the game has begun...


PROJECT NEO is on, finally !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment